So chubby – dying!
LMAO at Scruffy
Isn’t this just gorgeous, it’s a Mataor’s costume.
Yum, must try this for Christmas drinks!
Yay Christmas is on its way! I always love this time of year. Time to get some R & R, see loved ones and get out and see all the Christmas lights spectacles that proud sydneysiders put on year after year.
Here is the guide to some of the best Christmas lights that are happening around Sydney for 2012:
* Ashbury – Second 2nd Street (was three streets in the past but has been gradually cut down to one – interactive neighbours make this one a lot of fun – they even filmed for the Lifestyle channel Christmas lights show last year!)
* Baulkham Hills -1-5 Solent Circuit, Norwest BLVD & 18 Geraldine Ave, Baulkham Hills. (Launching the weekend of the 1st December with Fireworks + Lighting of the Christmas tree.)
* Belrose – 122 Prince Charles Rd (The most amazing Winter Wonderland with lots of music and animation. Singing Santa and Snowman. Santa’s letter-box and the yard filled with lots of different lights and characters.)
* Blackett – 179 Popondetta Road
*NEW* Blacktown – 45 Lawson Street Lalor Park (Winner of the Blacktown district light competition for 2012. There is a homemade Gingerbread structure that the kids can have photos with and a talking teddy bear storytelling tree. It is amazing. A fully
operational work shop with moving Characters. This house also support the Westmead Childrens hospital.
* Carlingford – 25 Dunrossil Ave. (Bigger than last year. Plenty of lights everywhere (13000+). Lights on every night from 8 till late.)
*NEW* Castle Hill – 6 Gardenia Place. (Nightly from 8pm – 10pm until 6 Janurary. Huge miniature Christmas village over 1000 individual pieces. Check out the video here
* Chipping Norton – 12 and 14 Faversham Crescent. (The display has 2 houses synchronized to music running some 30,000+ lights and motifs. Show starts at 8pm and finish 11pm every night and later closer to Christmas. This year the show supports the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. There are special collection buckets for anyone wishing to make a donation.)
* Davidson – 10 Cambage Court. They even have a website – crazy! (Featuring around 80,000 lights in the front and back yard, synchronised to music. There are 3 window displays (viewed from outside), our nativity display (front yard) and our backyard display. This year the display supports the work of Cure for Life Foundation and Sids and Kids NSW and Victoria.)
The hours of display operation:
1st – 13th December 8-10:30pm
14th – 27th December 7:30-11:30 pm
28th December – 5th January 8:00-10:00 pm
* Drummoyne – Janet Street
* Dulwich Hill – Frazer St (a big house with an incredible light display and glass enclosed box with a working train and Christmas village).
* East Ryde – Chauvel St
* Edensor Park – 2 Astley Place. (Features one of the largest Santa Sleigh and Reindeer in light in the Sydney suburbs. Recently featured on Channel 7 news. Featuring a blow up Santa’s workshop, moving reindeer, a wonderful stained glass window motif and a silent night church! If you’re lucky a little elf might emerge and hand out some candy cane!)
* Elanora Hts – 1 St Andrews Gate. (Includes a tunnel with 3600 lights around it which the kids can climb through all night! As well as a new winter wonderland section. There is a donation tin which supports the education of special needs children at St Edmunds High School, Wahroonga. Lights go on at 7.45pm each night starting 1st December.)
* Epping – 14 Leicester Street
* Erskineville – Pleasant Avenue
* Five Dock – McGrath Av, West St, Reginald St
* Hurstville – Hodge St (Reviews indicate that this is one of the best in Sydney!)
* Ingleside – 2 Ingleside Road (Huge display. Opening Times 7.30pm – 11.00pm. Supporting the Childrens’s Starlight Foundation.)
* Kings Langley – 95 Whitby Rd Corner James Cook Drive. (Come to see the latest in RGB Colour LED Pixel Lighting Technology at WombatManor. This Display is fully computer controlled with well over 10000 Lights and 4000 individually controlled channels synchronised to music. Don’t forget to tune your car radio to 98.5 FM)
* Mascot – Coward St
* Minchinbury – 8 Bament P l. (Come and see Santa and his reindeers on the roof. Giant lollipops & candy cane;, inflatable Santa & snowman; 3 metre high Christmas tree; a new collection of blow molds including soldiers, snowmen, candles & Santas; nativity; elves loading presents into stocking; 1000’s of LED lights. Lots to see and other houses in the street with lights.)
*NEW* Minchinbury – 65 Buring Crescent (It has plenty of lights, wooden figurines, a sleigh you can sit in and take photos, bubbles, music, and the best part – large and elaborate window displays you can walk upto and look into!)
* Minchinbury – 7 Rookin Place. (New mega tree 6 metres high with dream ribbons a must see, lights all over the house and yard. All lights sync to music with outdoor speaker with 3 songs which you can tune your car radio to FM 98.1 . Santa on the roof and much much more. Show starts at 8:15 – 10:30 Monday-Thursday and 8:15 – 1100 Sat & Sunday. Show runs for approx 9 minutes. Show will be extended to midnight closer to Christmas. Starts 08 Dec 12.)
* Narellan Vale – 155 Waterworth Drive (Novelty items including lemax village santa from the 15th – 24 Decemeber.)
* North Bondi – 5 Waratah Street (Come along and visit North Bondi’s best lights.
Pathway lit up with multiple stars, Christmas tree with parcels, 2 window displays, inflatables, 6 white boomers pulling a Ute, Merry Christmas archway, Reindeers, lots of fairy and icicle lights and a few new things for 2012.)
Dec 1st to Dec 14th: 7.30pm to 10.30pm
Dec 15th to Dec 21st: 7.30pm to 11.00pm
Dec 22nd to Dec 24th: 7.30pm to Midnight.
*NEW* North Ryde (East Ryde) – Chauvel Street and Stephen Ave (off Quarry Rd)
* Oakhurst – 4 Verrils Grove. (Come along anytime between 8pm – 10pm and share the festive spirit with us displaying thousands of lights, blow ups, laser light, window displays, interactive table and bubble machine.)
* Quakers Hill – 3 and 7 Mallee St (A winter wonderland would be an apt description, we have Santa in his sleigh with all the 9 reindeer on the top roof, a village scene on another roof and a train blows its smoke on the lower roof .The garden has little scenes including the 12 days of Christmas. Iin the window there is a little town with a fairground. If you bring your camera,the children can have a photo taken with Santa in his sleigh and we musn’t forget what it is all about, the garage has a lifesize nativity a must to see by day or night.)
* Roselands – (There is a really awesome display on 124 Karne St North .Note: These are the streets that have been ‘lit up’ in previous years and may or may not be lit up again (we are hoping so!!).
* Sefton – 88 woods Road.
* Schofields – 19 Oliveri Place
* Wahroonga – 102 Braeside St (A contrast of bedazzling light and colours. Laser light shows, Christmas movie projections, music and a lot more. This display dosen’t revolve around the typical christmas light display!)
Check out more suburbs that will be participating here
As well as homes, this Christmas, Sydney CBD will be brightened by a dazzling array of colourful banners, lights and decorations. Streets and urban space will serve as the canvas for these artistic colours and shapes.
All happening here:
Erskineville Road, Crown Street, Redfern Street, Darlinghurst Road and Glebe Point Road will play resident to Christmas decorations all along the streets, leaving a seasonal impression for any person who observes the displays. Lights will dance upon objects and walls at Surry Hills, Turruwul Park – Rosebery, Redfern Park.
One whopper of a Christmas tree at Martin Place will be covered in thousands of LED fairy lights, baubles and ribbons and topped with a huge star that shimmers and shines.
Macquarie Lights at Hyde Park
Martin Place will be covered in thousands of fairy lights, decorations and ribbons, topped off with the huge golden star that shimmers and shines atop the giant Christmas tree, adorned with hundreds of festive decorations.
But this isn’t the only place to see a public Christmas tree. Other Customs House Square, St Mary’s Cathedral Forecourt, Taylor Square, Hyde Park North, Kings Cross, Pitt Street Mall and Sydney Square will play host to many smaller Christmas trees this season.
Sydney Town Hall
Every evening from Thursday 29 November until Christmas Day, Sydney Town Hall will be transformed with magical Christmas projections onto its facade, so bring your camera, join the crowds and soak up the Christmas atmosphere.
Enjoy the lights everybody! Let me know if there are any more awesome lights and I can add them in!
Love, Festival Girl